Sunday, April 26, 2009

What is personal style?

It is in my opinion that personal style is the combination, or crash, of personality, fit, and comfort. Funny combo, I know. I think about my own personal style.

1. It speaks to me and about me.
2. It fits my body the way it is today. This is important. I want to feel and LOOK nice.
3. It's comfortable. I have had clothing that fit me perfectly, but I wasn't comfortable wearing it. I feel comfortable in my wardrobe, and it helps me feel comfortable in my own skin.

Now these are the most important things to me, but not the only. I do love color, but all color is not good on me. Some colors are better than others. I play off my skin color, undertones, and hair color. Also, print can be an issue if not used correctly. I am a shorter girl with real curves. I have to handle prints carefully. This works for me though, because I'm not a big fan of prints anyway. I just make sure that I'm not covered in any print. It's important for my shape and short stature that I only go half print to half solid. That's my personal style.

No comments:

Post a Comment