Saturday, April 25, 2009

cotton COLORS

My two favorite (basic) things in fashion are color and cotton. Now don't get me wrong, I am very passionate about leather, silk, and neutrals too, but there's something about cotton and color! I mean most everything I put on my body fit into these two categories all year long. You can do some sort of color in every season and cotton is the friendliest fabric of them all.

I think because I don't care much about a print, I embrace color. I'm not a small girl. I'm shapely. I'm voluptuous. I don't like to slap a polyester print across my body. Cotton prints I'll consider, but no big funky abstract or floral polyester for me! I think that as a jewelry designer I choose to play with print in my jewels. I love a solid cotton blouse in a crayon box color, with trouser denim, glam shoes, and as many accessories as I can get away with. I may have on three matching printed ribbon wrap bracelets, an understated neck piece, and the most glam earrings in my arsenal. That's just me. I play two roles. I want to play with my comfort level in my wardrobe and advertise my jewels. And, show my style!

So the next time you're out and about shopping, bypass the new version of the white button up shirt and go all out for color. I say all the time that people are more than welcome to do it my way because it's glam to death, or make your own way!

No comments:

Post a Comment